You have plans to add to the bird native support for working with the VPP fib.

Гришин В.С. Vladislav.Grishin at vts24.ru
Wed Aug 2 16:46:55 CEST 2017

Hi

 >"Does not VPP just mirror routes exported to kernel, so it would work
automatically?"
No, as I understood from the documentation.

 >"Is there a need for specific support?"
No, I was just curious about your plans to improve bird.

 >"What is a difference between VPP and DPDK?"
https://wiki.fd.io/view/VPP/What_is_VPP%3F

https://wiki.fd.io/view/VPP/How_To_Use_The_C_API

http://dpdk.org/    - "DPDK is a set of libraries and drivers for *fast
packet processing*. "

https://wiki.fd.io/view/File:VPP_App_as_a_vSwitch_x201.jpg
VPP apps works on top of the DPDK.

02.08.2017 15:16, Ondrej Zajicek пишет:
> On Tue, Aug 01, 2017 at 02:57:35PM +0300, Гришин В.С. wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> You have plans to add to the bird native support for working with the VPP
>> fib.
>>
>> References for understanding the my question.
> Hi
>
> I have no experience with VPP/DPDK. Is there a need for specific support?
> Does not VPP just mirror routes exported to kernel, so it would work
> automatically? What is a difference between VPP and DPDK?

Regards,

Vladislav