Simple BGP with two operators, one advertisement and prepending

Wojciech Bajorek wojciech.bajorek at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 09:36:38 CEST 2017

Hi,

I have a pretty simple BGP configuration with two ISP and one static subnet
to advertise.
There is also one prepending configured but I'm not sure if it's working.

The thing is that for some reason when I connect both ISP peers, traffic to
the advertised ISP#2 networks (with shorter path) stops working after a
couple of seconds. Tracert shows the last hop as ISP#2 border router.

Similar configuration on Juniper router works without any problem, so I'm
afraid that there is an error within my Bird config.
Can you please help me out?

PS. Without prepending situation is exactly the same.

OS: Debian 8
Bird: 1.4.5-1+deb8u1

router id 90.90.90.1;

protocol kernel {