ifname in filters

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Mon Jul 4 18:00:31 CEST 2016

On Mon, Jul 04, 2016 at 03:49:06PM +0200, Alexander Velkov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to configure RIP with different ACLs set on different RIP
> interfaces. For this purpose I thought I could use the '*ifname*' route
> attribute in bird filters. The problem I am facing is that when I use it,
> no RIP routes are announced at all, so maybe I am using a wrong syntax.

Hi

'ifname' represents an interface associated with the route (i.e. one to
which the route aims), not the iface to which the route is announced by
RIP. When route is accepted for protocol, it is accepted for all
interfaces of the protocol (unless split horizon applies).

It would be a good idea to have separate import/export filters per
interface, but that is not supported now.

If you want better control, you could configure two protocol instances,
one for each interface. Such setup has some limitations and may require
some tweaking, but should work.