Running BIRD on Virtual Machines

Gruber Gerold gruber at citkomm.de
Thu Feb 11 09:20:30 CET 2016

Am 09.02.2016 um 16:55 schrieb Joseph M Owino:
> Hi.
Hi Joseph,

> We are currently setting up in a new site and are short on physical
> gear. Is it feasible to run 2 instances of BIRD on virtual machines.
we run for testing purposes just a whole bunch of Linux VMs with
BIRD and even emulated Ciscos in a GNS3 environment on a nested virtualiser.
That is, one Linux VM on top of VMware is a virtualisation host for a
GNS3 environment using Virtualbox and other emulators (MIPS for Cisco).
This one VM is the host for approx. 15 routers, most of them with BIRD.
And except for some issues with the GNS3 environment, the routing tests
work fine.

> Regards
hth

> JOSEPH MUGA OWINO,