Version 2.0.0pre0

Ondrej Filip feela at network.cz
Wed Dec 7 20:43:08 CET 2016

Dear BIRD users,
it took us a very long time, but we are moving towards 2.0.x branch.
Main feature of this branch is IPv4 and IPv6 integration.

Please note, 2.0.x will be an _experimental_ branch. We will not
guarantee configuration stability etc. And today we release
2.0.0-pre0. So that's experimental version of experimental branch.
Keep this in mind and DO NOT USE IT IN PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT.

On the other hand, testers are more than welcome. Please use it and
report (either positive or negative)!

We will not provide packages for any distribution.

Version 2.0.0-pre0 (2016-12-07)
  o Integrated IPv4 + IPv6 design
  o Major BGP protocol redesign
  o BGP multicast support (SAFI 2)
  o BGP flowspec support (RFC 5575)
  o New RPKI-Router protocol
  o New build system
  o Unit tests

  Notes:

  Protocols and tables are now connected using explicit
  channels, most related protocol options (table, import,
  export, ...) are now channel options. See
  doc/bird.conf.example2 for configuration examples.

	Ondrej