iBGP unreachable

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Tue Apr 12 15:25:00 CEST 2016

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 11:21:15AM +0200, Panda RoboLegs wrote:
> Hello,
>
> there is no IGP. I thought that I can resolve the BGP-Next-Hop via static default gateway (0.0.0.0/0).
> It seems that is not possible.
> Does anyone have a link where it is written that BGP next-hop is not resolvable via static default gw?

Hi

The default route could be used, but the problem here is that next hops
are resolved by more specific routes that arrive through BGP, so you get
a cycle.

One solution is to put BGP routes to a different routing table than
default route / IGP routes and use 'igp table' option in BGP protocols to
specify the second table.

Another workaround is just to override gw or bgp_next_hop in the import
filter, as you already found.