Support for BGP Flow Spec / RFC 5575

Pavel Odintsov pavel.odintsov at gmail.com
Fri May 15 11:53:37 CEST 2015

Hello, Bird team!

Do you have any plans about BGP Flow Spec (RFC 5575) implementation?
It's very important protocol for traffic filtering and DDoS mitigation
and it's must for modern route servers.

Cisco and Juniper have complete support for it but in open source
routing side there are no news on this field :(

Fortunately, we have ExaBGP which could generate flow spec announces
automatically. And Bird could add partial support for route reflection
for flow spec NLRI and we could use ExaBGP as source for flow spec
announces.

There are excellent guide about this feature implementation in Cisco:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/iproute_bgp/configuration/xe-3s/irg-xe-3s-book/bgp_flowspec_route-reflector_support.pdf

--
Sincerely yours, Pavel Odintsov