Query regarding BGP/MPLS L3VPN support in BIRD

Vikram Choudhary vikram.choudhary at huawei.com
Wed Mar 4 10:44:06 CET 2015

Hi Alexander,

Can you please provide me with a configuration example for the below topology.

Let say, I want to establish a VPN between CE1 and CE2 through PE1 and PE2.
                CE1 --- PE1 ---- PE2 --- CE2

1.       How to define a VPN say VPN1?

2.       How to bind the VPN to CE connecting interface on the PE?

3.       How to establish MPLS tunnel between PE’s?

4.       Is BIRD support NETCONF/ReST servers? Whether the configuration can be pushed using NETCONF/ReST client? If not then what approach we can use to push configuration via a different process?
Thanks
Vikram