OSPF type broadcast over GRE for NRHP

oskar at cetex.se oskar at cetex.se
Mon Mar 2 22:41:14 CET 2015

I've had this issue myself when i was investigating DMVPN using
OpenNHRP.

It's a simple patch to remove the check / enforcement needed in bird,
can't remember where now though since it was a while ago.
When the check was removed i could set the interface to any type i
wanted and i got ospf routing to work.
No drawbacks detected during the testing.