bird6: "Netlink: No such process" error from kernel proto on OSPF multipath prefixes

Israel G. Lugo israel.lugo at tecnico.ulisboa.pt
Mon Jul 27 01:03:13 CEST 2015

On 07/24/2015 06:30 AM, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:

> Bird6 does not support ecmp in ipv6. It install and delete routes again
> on every sync. We hope that sometimes developers fix this issue.

Oh, that is very unfortunate. I have a high IPv6 usage, as all our
internal VLANs are dual stack, and all public services are fully IPv6-ready.

Question for the BIRD developers: would you say this functionality is
hard to implement? Do you have plans for it in the near future? I am a
developer myself; I could try to help with a Linux implementation, if
you don't mind giving me a few general pointers into the code.

Regards,

--
Israel G. Lugo
Núcleo de Redes e Comunicações