route withdraws on BGP route-refresh

Stefan Jakob tinysammy at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 11:40:59 CET 2015

I dont know the bird internals exactly, but iirc this is implemented to
save tracking as you mentioned in the code.

According to

RFC 2918

Otherwise, the BGP speaker shall re-
advertise to that peer the Adj-RIB-Out of the <AFI, SAFI> carried in
the message, based on its outbound route filtering policy.

--> No withdraw mentioned

I think in some situations it makes sense to withdraw all known routes, but
the still active ones to create a consistent table on the receiver side.

What is the peer device btw?

Rgds, SJ

P.S.: Sorry for TOFU

Christos Trochalakis <yatiohi at ideopolis.gr> schrieb am Mo., 28. Dez. 2015