ECMP support

d tbsky tbskyd at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 03:31:21 CET 2015

> Hi,
>
> I found a few messages in the archive that mention multi path and ECMP but
> the website says it's TODO.  I was just wondering what the status is?  I'm
> interested in having BIRD configure the Linux routing table for ECMP, if
> possible.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Shaun

I am curious about this topic also. several years ago I use bird 1.4 + ospf
ecmp at linux 2.6 (rehl6 and openwrt AA), they work quite well so I don't
think much about it.
recently I try bird 1.4.5 + ospf ecmp at linux 3.10/3.16 (rhel7 and openwrt
CC), they work very bad.  after study I realize it's because linux kernel
3.6 remove routing cache.
but the situation may get better since the new patch get merged in kernel
4.4 https://lwn.net/Articles/657431/

I have heard that bird 1.5 get some new functions about ecmp, but I can
not  find out what are them. can anybody give some hint about what's new in
bird ecmp?