OSPF, missing external network prefix

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Tue Dec 8 14:23:09 CET 2015

On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 06:10:20PM +0500, Eugene M. Zheganin wrote:
> I've also noticed that this prefix is missing from 'show ospf state'
> output files, but present in 'show ospf state all' output files, but
> along with a IP address of 172.16.5.159. This is an IP address of a
> router this prefix is originating from (it's an address of it's tunnel
> most close to the area 0), and it's not directly reachable from the
> routers which FIB is missing it, so I suppose this may be the reason.

Yes, that is expected behavior. Don't know why these routes are available
on other Cisco routes.

Not sure if 172.16.5.159 should or should not be propagated, perhaps it
is just missing. If you have BIRD on originating router, you could
remove explicit next hop by setting 'gw = 0.0.0.0;' in the OSPF export
filter (on the originating router).