Information about Preferred route

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Mon Apr 20 18:16:07 CEST 2015

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 05:16:55PM +0200, Alexandre Corso wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was looking into BIRD 1.4.5. I have one BGP session established but I don’t understand all the argument, especially about preferred route?

Hi

'Preferred' counts how many routes imported from the protocol are
preferred/active for their networks. It is counted per routing table,
therefore if you import just one route and propagate it using pipes to
hundred routing tables, you would have hundred in 'preferred' counter.

> L8   Routes:         1 imported, 21745 exported, 263 preferred
>
> Can you help me about the line L8 :
> 	My peer import 1 route

More precisely you imported 1 route from your peer