BIRD on FreeBSD

Alexander V. Chernikov melifaro at ipfw.ru
Sat Sep 27 09:25:05 CEST 2014

On 23 Sep 2014, at 20:30, Alexander Shikov <a.shikov at dtel-ix.net> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> On Fri, Sep 05, 2014 at 12:52:25PM +0400, Alexander V. Chernikov wrote:

>>> There is one unsolved problem with passwords on FreeBSD, 9.2-RELEASE.
>>> http://marc.info/?l=bird-users&m=139575629320570&w=2
>>>
>>> I haven't checked it with newer versions yet.
>>>
>> It looks like I've missed this topic. I'll try to reproduce & investigate.
>
> Dear Alexander,
>
> did you have any luck on reproducing and investigation?

Yes, please take a look at http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=272201
Unfortunately, it’s too late for it to be included in 10.1.
I think it should apply to 9/8 as is, please write me if this is not true.
I think I’ll come back in a few days with more patches reflecting this piece.
I’m going to eliminate TCP_SIGNATURE kernel config option and turn in on by default.
Where is also WIP to make IPSEC loatable module so hopefully it will be possible to do this stuff on generic kernel.