Suggestions to achieve multiple VRFs?

Michael Fincham michael at hotplate.co.nz
Tue Oct 21 10:17:17 CEST 2014

Hi all,

Presently I am testing a network design consisting of BIRD routers running a fairly unexciting "OSPF on linknets and loopback interfaces, iBGP mesh" type network.

I am interested in suggestions for sensible ways to split a network of BIRD routers like this in to multiple VRFs - for instance to define a "management" VRF alongside the standard inet table.

It seems simple to set up multiple routing tables on any given router and to learn routes in to those tables, however I am interested in suggestions for ways to distribute that routing information, as there seem to be several mechanisms that could be used.

I'd like to avoid running multiple linknets and OSPF instances over my linknets if possible.

--
Michael