Combining routes in BIRD OSPF export

Steve (Telsat Broadband) steve at telsatbb.vu
Thu Feb 27 04:18:03 CET 2014

Hi All,

I have a question which I can't seem to find the answer for.

We allocate network ranges to our customers (both IPv4 and v6).

All our v6 ranges (say /64's) get allocated out of a single larger /56
block.

What I want to do is prevent BIRD from picking up the individual /64's
assigned to customers and only 'export' the larger '/56' block to OSPF as
this is really all that's required.

What configuration would I need to alter to achieve this.

This is the current (v6) config we're using:

log syslog all;

router id xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;

debug protocols all;

protocol device {
	scan time 10;
}

protocol kernel {
	export all;
	scan time 15;
}

protocol static {
	import all;
}

protocol ospf {
	import all;
	export filter {
		ospf_metric1 = 1000;
		if source = RTS_STATIC then accept; else reject;
	};

	area 0 {
		interface "eth0" {
			cost 5;