BIRD 1.3.11 (ports) on FreeBSD 9.1-p7

Markus Grundmann markus at freebsduser.eu
Wed Oct 9 12:10:46 CEST 2013

Alexander thank you for your reply.

On 10/09/2013 09:54 AM, Alexander V. Chernikov wrote:
> It is significant. Did you have this uncommented initially?

OK. I have probed some configuration options to find out where my
problem possibly exist
> > protocol ospf activezone { rfc1583compat yes;
> Do you really need this?

No!

> > route get 8X.2X.32.211 route to: <hostname> destination:
> > 8X.2X.32.192
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Should it be directly reachable or?

Yes Alexander! .211 is in same broadcast domain.

> There are 2 FreeBSD cases which probably can play here:
>
> 1) Due to absence of Direct routes (or Direct protocol route
> reannounce) bird can change direct interface route to OSPF-one (this
> is probably what we see here). This is fixed (for IPv4 case) in 9.2 -
> there are special RTM_PINNED flag for non-interface routes. I hope to
> fix the rest (IPv6 and tunnels stuff) soon.

OK. Yesterday I have downloaded Release 9.2 but I'm a bit cautious to do
an upgrade on this maschine.
I hope in the next Patchlevel for R 9.1 this problem was also solved.

> 2) Given that you have several addresses on interface Direct route
> reannounce can happen on primary (first) address change.
>
> So, probably the best way is to update to 9.2 (or at least r248895).
> If your interface addresses are stable, adding "Direct" protocol back
> should mitigate the problem

Thank you Alexander! This post is very helpful for me.

-Markus