Running BIRD 1.3.4 on custom config Linux 3.8.13 kernel

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Wed May 22 10:48:40 CEST 2013

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 04:36:02PM -0700, Bao Nguyen wrote:
> We testing BIRD on a custom 3.8.13 Linux kernel and seeing this message
> every 20 seconds. We did not see this on 3.2 kernel release by Ubuntu 12.04
> LTS release. Is there any chance that there's a kernel config that's needed
> by BIRD that we are not aware of? I notice that the "wait 20" is the only
> time that matches this interval in the log...

I don't think the issue is related to OSPF, that would be strange. Most
probably to kernel protocol. But default scan time is 60 seconds, so
unless you have used 'scan time' option, it is probably related to
some route exports.

I see that you use 'ecmp', do you have ecmp support in kernel?

Could you enable 'debug all' for ospf and kernel protocols and send me a
log with netlink errors interleaved with trace messages from debug all?

Is your custom 3.8.13 Linux kernel just customly compiled, or some local
code modification?