BGP MD5 with Juniper Router

Rashed Alwarrag rali.ahmed at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 09:38:25 CET 2013

Dear birds Experts

we have a BGP peer between Bird server and Juniper devices , we mentioned
that in our Juniper router wrong MD5 password log appear as below

kernel: %KERN-4: tcp_auth_ok: Packet from 192.168.0.10:179 wrong MD5 digest

when we capture the BGP update we mentioned that the bird server is
sending to the router the update with an unexpected MD5 key and The
router ignore this update then again the bird server retransmit the same
update with correct MD5

is this issue is expected in bird server or is there any known bug/PR for
this issue in Bird

*Rashed Alwarrag *