show route filtered

Joe Wooller joe at waia.asn.au
Mon Jul 1 13:36:13 CEST 2013

Hey All,

I sent this to the euro-ix bird list, with little response. It was suggested that I send it here.

I am a little confused as to what show route filtered is meant to do. I was under the impression it would show filtered routes.

<SNIP>
If BIRD is configured to keep filtered routes (see import keep filtered option), you can show them instead of routes by using filtered switch.
</SNIP>

I have set;
import keep filtered;
in my template.

Unfortunately show route filtered delivers nothing. Am I missing something?

If I do:

show route table master protocol R_AS1234x1
I can see only the routes that are allowed to pass (not filtered).

If i do:

show route protocol R_AS1234x1
I see all routes include routes that get filtered out of the master table.

But if I do

bird> show route table master filtered
bird> show route table master filtered protocol R_AS1234x1
bird> show route filtered
bird> show route filtered protocol R_AS1234x1

I get nothing..

Here is an snippet of config;

##
## Protocol Templates
##

template bgp IXP {
       local as ixasn;
       start delay time 10;
       debug { states, events };
       mrtdump all;
       #import all;
       import keep filtered;
       export all;
       rs client;
}

template pipe PIPES {
       table master;
       mode transparent;
}

## AS1234 - Peer1
table T_AS1234;

filter bgp_in_AS1234
prefix set allnet;
int set allasn;
{
       if !(avoid_martians()) then reject;

       if (bgp_path.first != 1234 ) then reject;

       allasn = [ 1234 ];
       if !(bgp_path.last ~ allasn) then reject;

       accept;
}

protocol pipe P_AS1234 from PIPES {
       description "Pipe for AS1234 - Peer1";
       peer table T_AS1234;
       import filter bgp_in_AS1234;
       export where bgp_out(1234, false);
}

protocol bgp R_AS1234x1 from IXP {
       description "RIB for AS1234 - Peer1";
       debug { states, events };
       neighbour 1.2.3.4 as 1234;
       route limit 500;
       table T_AS1234;
}

If my understanding of how the filtered option works is completely wrong please let me know!
Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Joe