Problem with bird 1.3.9 on mips/linux

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Thu Jan 24 20:56:22 CET 2013

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 02:07:13AM +0100, Hans van Kranenburg wrote:
> Anyway, I'm only on this list for about two weeks, but if this is a
> question that would pop up more often, then it could be a great idea to
> start a FAQ page on http://bird.network.cz/ , below the mailing list,
> wiki etc.. that would answer this question as wel as...

There is a FAQ page in BIRD wiki:

https://redmine.labs.nic.cz/projects/bird/wiki/FAQ

Perhaps we could add a direct link on the main web page.

> Another FAQ candidate:
>
> "Why do I have to specify import at a protocol for whatever I want to
> export from there, and export for whatever I want the central routing
> table to import from the protocol I'm configuring?" <- no need to
> comment on this I guess...

Well, it is from the point of view of the routing table not from the point of
view of the protocol. I am not sure which one is more intuitive, but for a
BGP protocol 'export to the protocol' also means 'export to the peer',
so POW of the routing table is probably more important.