rs client and bgp soft reload out

Jimmy Halim jhalim at ap.equinix.com
Thu Jan 24 16:55:39 CET 2013

Hi guys,

I have 2 BGP related questions that would like to confirm with you guys:

	1. Can we run the route server without setting "rs client" BGP
configuration in each client? I can bring up the eBGP as well without that
setting in place.
	2. Birdc reload out "protocol_name" command will do soft reload on the
exported routes to that particular neighbour. However this will reset the
uptime. Any idea whether we can keep the uptime? It is very worrying while
doing the troubleshooting if the uptime is not reflecting the correct
uptime.

Thanks,
Jimmy