Init scripts from BIRD RPMs

Stanislav Datskevich sdatskevich at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 07:11:23 CEST 2013

I agree with Thomas.
I think that discarding old RHEL init.d (upstart) support is a hasty
decision: bird is for production systems and linux distro for production
environment which uses RPM packages is RHEL  or it clones (mostly).

Although it is no matter for me because I'm not using bird rpm package
provided by developers. I'm rebuilding it from src.rpm with bgp summary
patch (by the way, does a honorable developers plans to implement 'bgp
summary' command in vanilla bird?) and my initscript patch.