adding bgpsec to bird

Michael Baer baerm at tislabs.com
Tue Mar 20 19:11:44 CET 2012

Hi All,

We've been working on an extension to BIRD supporting the BGPSec
protocol that is currently being discussed in the IETF SIDR Working
Group.  And I had some questions I wanted to ask the BIRD developers.
If the user list isn't the appropriate forum, let me know and we can
discuss it elsewhere or offline.

We've made some initial progress, although it's not even to what I would
call an Alpha stage yet.  Our current plan is to have a beta/alpha
working by the beginning of Summer and to continue work on it for up to
a year afterwords.

We would like to have the work contributed back to the BIRD project.
Which brings me to the questions I had.  Is the BIRD team interested in
the contribution?  Are we in conflict with any work you are doing to
support BGPSec? (I haven't seen any mention on the user list, but I
don't know if there has been any work otherwise).  Assuming you are
interested, besides that our code should have a compatible license,
i.e. GPL, and it should try match the coding style of the files that are
modified, are there any other requirements or desires that you may have
regarding code enhancements and contributions to the BIRD project?

Thanks,
Mike

--
Michael Baer