Announce prefix to BGP conditional

Alexander V. Chernikov melifaro at ipfw.ru
Sat Dec 29 21:10:48 CET 2012

On 29.12.2012 20:59, Robert Hass wrote:
> Hi
> Is it possible to announce additional prefix in BGP (let's say inject
> it) conditional ?
>
> My configuration is 3 BGP sessions:
>
> 1st BGP session to ISP
> 2nd and 3rd BGP sessions to customers
>
> I would like to announce default-route (0.0.0.0/0) via BGP only if I
> receiving let's say defined 2 prefixes from my ISP.
>
> Is it possible at BIRD ? How I can do this ?
There is a (non-official) patch with additional 'Aggregation' protocol,
which can perform (currently - BGP-only) route aggregation.
Additionally, for each configured prefix you can define the list of
mandatory prefixes which are necessary to announce given route.

Patch is available at
http://static.ipfw.ru/patches/0001-Implement-general-aggregation-protocol-v6.patch

We run this protocol on a large route-reflector for a while without any
issues, but YMMV.