New release 1.3.8

Ruben Laban r.laban+lists at ism.nl
Tue Aug 7 15:27:08 CEST 2012

On 8/7/2012 2:01 PM, Ruben Laban wrote:
> On 8/7/2012 11:51 AM, Ondrej Filip wrote:
>>    o History deduplication in BIRD client.
>
> Nice! This feature alone pretty much is reason enough to upgrade all my
> instances :-)

Minor update: currently it only does eliminate repeating commands from
the history. I personally wouldn't mind even more aggressive
deduplication. Currently A A B B C C B B A becomes A B C B A; reducing
it to C B A could have it benefits as well.
When troubleshooting I tend to do a fair amount of alternating "sh os
ne" and "sh os st" for instance. Getting back to commands prior to (for
example) 10 alternations between those 2 is still the same with this new
feature. Perhaps a build and/or commandline option could be added for this?

Regards,
Ruben