bird-lg, another looking glass

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Tue Aug 7 12:11:23 CEST 2012

On Sat, Aug 04, 2012 at 07:22:01PM +0200, Job Snijders wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to recommend some software a friend of mine, Mehdi Abaakouk, wrote: a very pretty looking BIRD looking glass!
>
> The software is available here: https://github.com/sileht/bird-lg/

Hello

Thanks for notification, i added the link to our wiki:

https://git.nic.cz/redmine/projects/bird/wiki/Related

If anyone has some other interesting link, please post it.

> A live example how cool bird-lg is can be found here:
>
> http://lg.ring.nlnog.net/prefix_bgpmap/lg01/ipv6?q=bird.network.cz
> http://lg.ring.nlnog.net/prefix_bgpmap/lg01/ipv4?q=bird.network.cz#

I like this LG, esp. because it do not try to imitate Cisco/Quagga LG.

> ps. This LG is currently taking 23 IPv4 BGP feeds and 24 IPv6 full table feeds, without a sweat! http://tinyurl.com/d2o27q7 BIRD rocks! :-)

Just curious - what is this BIRD installation (ring.nlnog.net)?
It seems that it receives full BGP feeds, so i guess it is not
a common route server. Some distributed BGP monitoring?