Updating export filter for OSPF

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Mon Oct 24 15:31:56 CEST 2011

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 12:12:38PM +0200, Ruben Laban wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if it's somehow possible to update the export filter for an
> OSPF instance without having to completely restart that OSPF instance. From
> the tests I've performed, the only way to have bird pick up the new export
> filter, is to restart the protocol in question.

That is strange, just 'configure' should be enough (since ~ early 1.2.x
ersions). Works for me (just tested on 1.3.1).

> I guess the same
> would apply to, the much more common, BGP import/export filters.

On BGP it depends if neighbor supports route refresh feature.
If so, just 'configure' should be enough. Otherwise it is
impossible to change an import filter without session reset
(an export filter is OK).