advertising peer PPP addresses

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Fri Nov 25 12:29:46 CET 2011

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 03:41:42PM +0500, Timur Irmatov wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 3:13 PM, Alexander V. Chernikov
> <melifaro at yandex-team.ru> wrote:
> > It is better to import interfaces via ospf if possible, e.g:
> >
> > protocol ospf ospf_... {
> >        area 0.0.0.0 {
> >                interface "ppp*" { stub yes; };
>
> No, if I comment out 'protocol direct' and configure ppp within ospf
> like you said, I don't get peer addresses exported.

If devices has ptp addresses (not a regular prefix), they are not
added as stub networks.

You can explicitly add them using 'stubnet IP;' in ospf area for each
one, but it might be tedious.

Another way is to anounce them as 'remote pool' together as a prefix
(if they are).

> Also, what is the best way to advertise local pool for those PPP
> interfaces? One that I see is:
>
> protocol static {
>         export none;
> 	import all;
>         route 192.168.134/24 drop;
> };

That is a good idea, another way is to use 'stubnet 192.168.134/24;'
in ospf area.