BIRD <-> Quagga OSPF Compatibility

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Wed Nov 2 13:02:13 CET 2011

On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 07:21:02AM +0100, Alex Bligh wrote:

> --On 1 November 2011 17:22:15 +1100 Roman Hoog Antink <rha at open.ch> wrote:
>
>> This patch is not meant to be merged into mainstream of bird. It is for
>> the desperate that need to run bird and quagga together.
>
> I have no idea if the fix is right, but I'd far prefer a knob which
> is built into mainline bird (called 'broken-quagga-compat' if we must),
> as I'd rather we didn't have to recompile bird to talk to quagga.

The patch is OK (as a workaround). Note that the problem is only
related to 'unnumbered' ptp links, so the simplest workaround
is just to assign (at least /30) regular IP prefix to that link.
I am not strongly opposed to add such kind of broken-quagga-compat
option, but not sure if it is worth if it is only related to
such corner cases.

> Is there a similar ospf6 issue?

I guess there is not.