Feature requests

Alex Bligh alex at alex.org.uk
Tue May 17 12:53:44 CEST 2011

Ondrej,

--On 16 May 2011 21:59:56 +0200 Ondrej Zajicek <santiago at crfreenet.org>
wrote:

> NSSA:
> This seems to be, surprisingly for me, the most requested
> feature, as it does not look hard to implement i will probably
> implement that in near future.

Thanks

> VRRP:
> Maybe. Is there any advantage if it is integrated in routing daemon
> (instead of using independent VRRP daemon)? I would guess that there
> isn't any interaction between VRRP and routing, but i don't have any
> experience with VRRP.

We would be interested in a sane implementation of VRRP. We'd also
be even more interested in other interfaces redundancy protocols that
do not "waste" IP addresses (e.g. do not use IP addresses for the
native interfaces). One problem with VRRP is that it is allegedly
patent encumbered.

--
Alex Bligh