Redistributing kernel routes

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Mon May 2 21:58:51 CEST 2011

On Mon, May 02, 2011 at 08:20:36PM +0100, Alex Bligh wrote:
> I am having difficulty redistributing kernel routes into any other
> protocol.

> b) I cannot get normal static "via" routes to distribute.

You have to add 'learn' option to the kernel protocol config.
Otherwise, kernel protocol is export-only.

But if you do not have some special situation here (like routes
dynamically generated by some other software), it is usually
a better idea to have static routes configured in BIRD using
static protocol and export these to the kernel instead.