bird.conf before going into Production

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Sat Mar 26 23:48:43 CET 2011

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 08:59:00PM +0100, Ondrej Filip wrote:
> I hope so. I don't think these lines are necessary:
>
>  	default bgp_local_pref 100;
>  	path metric 0;
>  	default bgp_med 1;

bgp_local_pref is here to choose the one way for outgoing traffic (and
as_path prepending do the same for incoming traffic). But i think that
Victor swapped the values - higher is more preferable so it should be
200 for THRU_AS1 and 100 for THRU_AS2.

path metric 0 is unnecessary, because routes are already
sorted by local_pref.

bgp_med is unnecessary if both uplinks are to different ASes.