where is my network with multihop bgp

Arjan Filius iafilius at xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 24 14:06:14 CET 2011

Ondrej,

I've 2 bird bgp routers internally connected with 2 links.
To make benefit of both links, i should have been using iBGP configured
on a "stub" or loopback address, but there was an issue with
(bird-ospf).
So i choose  to use 2 iBGP sessions, using both links, to ensure
redundancy

The reason for choosing the vrrp address seems to be logical as it is on
IP in our "owned" range and not any of a transit.
I'd not see a regular way to setup such readonly monitor link.

i'll send you the configs of the 2 iBGP routers, and my monitor bird
config .

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Arjan Filius