[OSPF] BIRD <> Mikrotik checksum

Adrian Czapek adrian.czapek at rybnet.pl
Sun Mar 20 23:03:35 CET 2011

> I have no idea. It is true that BIRD does not check checksums of
> LSAs later when they are stored, but it checks that when it receives
> them. If you did restart of a BIRD (or at least OSPF protocol) then no
> bad LSA could survive that. It might be useful if you could get a
> tcpdump copy of the OSPF communication [*] on the problematic link (when
> there is a problem). and output of 'show ospf lsadb'.
>
> [*] tcpdump -i ethX -s 0 -w dumpfile ip proto 89

I am not quite sure if it is LSA checksum. I don't have tcpdump stored
anywhere, because I was watching it "live", but it looked like RouterOS
had a problem with Hello packet itself.
The moment I've seen Hello packet broadcasted to the link, the wrong
checksum entry poped in RouterOS logs.

--
Adrian