dynamic export filter based on interface/peering partner

Arjan Filius iafilius at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 8 10:00:42 CET 2011

Hello bird users,

i'd like to do some traffic engineering incoming traffic perferred in a
central function/filter  like the "filter bgp_out {} " i'm using
On every peering partner i'd like to have that same export bgp_out filter,
and basically i tried some things, but it didn't work out.

What i tried is:

filter bgp_out {
  <snip>
  if ( ( proto = "JointTransit_IPv4_177_NIKHEF" ) || ( proto = "JointTransit_IPv4_178_Telecity2" ) ) then
    {
     bgp_path.prepend(OURAS);
    }
  <snip>
}

extra prepend based on proto didn't work (for me). Selection on neighbor
AS isn't the most suitable for me as at least one neighbor AS comes trough
an "expensive" bgp proto and a "cheap" one.

How does one do this, or how would i do this?

Currently i needed to get the job done, and created multiple bgp_out_??
filters, and used them in the bgp proto definitions.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

--
Arjan Filius