Check on routes announced by peer

Arnold Nipper arnold at nipper.de
Sat Jan 29 04:02:32 CET 2011

Ciao Simone,

on 28.01.2011 18:18 Simone Morandini wrote:

> a (hopefully) quick question: one of our peer says it is announcing
> a set of network to the route server, but there routes do not
> actually appear to be there... If I issue a "sh route protocol
> <PEER>" the list is empty, as well as if I issue "sh route where
> bgp_path.first=<peer-as>". Is there a way to check if those network
> actually arrive to the route server?

very much depends on how your config looks like. If you don't have any
incoming filters you should be able to see any announcement.

Worst case is that you will have to sniff on the interface to see what's
going on.

Best regards,
Arnold
--
Arnold Nipper / nIPper consulting, Sandhausen, Germany
email: arnold at nipper.de       phone: +49 6224 9259 299