Routing issues

dspazman at epicup.com dspazman at epicup.com
Tue Dec 6 01:53:03 CET 2011

Let's say you have two routing tables (T1, T2), one for each interface (eth0, eth1), so you can route traffic out each one separately.

https://git.nic.cz/redmine/projects/bird/wiki/BGP_example_2

I'm assuming there would have to be some changes to that BGP script to support both routing tables.  I'm not sure how to support multiple routing tables with bird.  Would someone be able to show that?  Seems like it would be a useful example in general, and be a pretty simple modification to that example for someone who knows what they are doing.

I didn't see anything on any of the examples on git.nic.cz that showed using multiple tables, as a configuration like http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html shows you'd be using for multiple outgoing connections, which you would typically have in a BGP situation.

Though maybe https://git.nic.cz/redmine/projects/bird/wiki/Policy_routing explains it.  I plan on keep looking into that example as well.

Thanks!