Routing issues

dspazman at epicup.com dspazman at epicup.com
Sun Dec 4 10:09:27 CET 2011

Hi all.

I had bird installed on a server with one outside connection (eth2).  That's been working fine.  When I add in the second connection, for whatever reason I can't get it added to the routing.  I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions?

Here are some of the details:

The New connection is 10 Gig Fiber (Intel X520, ixgbe driver) - eth5.  Cogent can ping my port directly from their router, and I can ping their router ip from my server using -S to specify the Cogent Router port.

Sudo ip route show table main | grep eth5 only gives the following info (IP addresses generalized, but correct in my system).

1.1.1.152/29 dev eth5 proto kernel scope link src 1.1.1.154

So assume my ubuntu router has
IP address for eth5: 1.1.1.154
Cogent IP address: 1.1.1.153
Network: 1.1.1.152/29

I can ping:
ping -S 1.1.1.154 1.1.1.153

And outside, from my home computer, I can ping:
ping 1.1.1.154
and I get no response, but watching on my server with ipconfig -a, I see RX packets number increase.

I'm not sure if this is directly bird related, but I think it is...  Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!