FreeBSD and CARP

Alex Bligh alex at alex.org.uk
Fri Aug 26 19:16:01 CEST 2011

--On 26 August 2011 15:56:03 +0100 Stuart Henderson <stu at spacehopper.org>
wrote:

> OpenBSD's ospfd used to do that, but then it was changed to a
> better method; a carp interface in BACKUP state still causes an
> announcement over OSPF, but with a high metric, this avoids a
> blackhole in the time between the previous carp MASTER going
> down and the BACKUP taking over.

So, talking of carp, what is the best way to change things like
metrics live?

I really don't want to programmatically rewrite my master bird.conf.
Being able to #include another file, which did a #define would be
really useful for things like this. Then I could just change the
file concerned (or better make it a symlink to a master or a slave
version)

--
Alex Bligh