bird 1.3.2 - kernel / learn / filters

Alex Bligh alex at alex.org.uk
Wed Aug 17 22:01:55 CEST 2011

Ondrej,

--On 17 August 2011 22:08:19 +0200 Ondrej Zajicek <santiago at crfreenet.org>
wrote:

> One thought - you can use 'ip route add proto kernel', such route
> (like other kernel routes) will not be learned even if you have
> 'learn' and 'import all' in kernel protocol. But it is a hack.

Sure. I am more concerned about a random operator putting in a new
route without thinking - this is essentially an appliance. We've
all (at least once) leaked a pile of routes through unintended
redistribution, and I want to make things as idiot-proof as
possible. Manually installed routes all go in as "boot" (IIRC),
whereas I'm currently installing mine as "static" (though I could
choose anything).

--
Alex Bligh