Patch to fix BGP ghost routes resulting from loops

Adrian Czapek adrian.czapek at rybnet.pl
Sat Apr 2 07:53:35 CEST 2011

W dniu 2011-04-01 17:14, Nick pisze:

>>> Instead of completely ignoring received BGP routes containing the
>>> router's own AS number, it should now handle them as if the prefixes are
>>> unreachable.
>>>
>>> We have tested the patch against git and it fixed the issue there. I've
>>> also made an (untested) patch against bird 1.2.5.
>>
>> Thanks for the patch. I already have semifinished patch that did some
>> bigger changes to BGP error handling code and also fixes this problem,
>> so i would not merge that, but it might be useful for others.
>
> Does 1.3.0 include your patch?

Oh, thanks for refreshing this thread, it gives some light on my
mysterious problem I encountered yesterday while trying to upgrade from
1.2.5>1.3.0 on one of my route reflector client.
I just switched binaries and left the same config, and when I started
new bird, all my iBGP routes became unreachable. I didn't had time to
debug it so I quickly turned back to 1.2.5 and left the problem for next
week.
Did I miss something? Shall I change something in configuration to have
route reflector client working properly?

Regards
--
Adrian