Invalid attribute flags: d008011000000c

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Mon Sep 6 18:33:07 CEST 2010

On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 03:02:31PM +0200, Arnold Nipper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> anyone able to decode this into something meaningfull?
>
>  2010-09-06 14:53:40 <RMT> RXXX_YYY: Received: Invalid attribute flags:
> d008011000000c

This means that remote side received an attribute (from us) and don't
like its flags. To me the flags seems OK, It is community attribute (08
in second byte) and has flags optional+transitive+ext_length (d0), which
is correct. The attribute is pretty big (272 bytes, 68 communities).
Perhaps the other side has bad impelmentation of BGP that does not know
ext_length flag (that seems likely because just first four bytes of the
attribute are shown, instead of full 272 bytes).