How to add IPv6 support?

Christoph Biedl bird.network.bryq at manchmal.in-ulm.de
Fri Oct 8 00:27:29 CEST 2010

David Rohleder wrote...

> And what about BGP+ announcing IPv6 prefixes over IPv4 connection?

Well, bird at least this (AFAICS) avoids the awkward situation a
neighboring peer announces some v6 prefixes but I cannot route them as
I only have an v4 link to home.

My main anger was the confusion. The sentence "bird uses a completely
separated setup to route v6, so do duplicate configuration and stuff"
was missing in the documentation (or it's too well hidden).

Although I still consider separated configuration anything but
helpful.

    Christoph