bird6 segfault

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Fri May 28 23:16:09 CEST 2010

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 02:26:51PM +0200, Arjan Filius wrote:
> Hello,

Hello, thanks for the bugreport.

> an update.
>
> added "listen bgp v6only;" in the global section of my bird6.conf seems
> to solve it.
> a mistery still why it kept running with exchange connection then, that
> put me on the wrong foot.

>> network on the interface is:
>> 2a00:1388:ffff::2/124
>>
>> as soon i change the IP a little so it leaves the /124 it doesn't crash
>> anymore.

Which address you used when it didn't crash?

> i'd "always saw" a "bird6: sk_open: bind: Address already in use" which i
> ignored for later research as my IX connection was actually working.

It worked because although setting listening (passive) socket failed, it also tried
outgoing (active) connection.

It crashed after these messages, or these messages appeared only when
it didn't crash?

> so that seems to be sovled (for me), but question about compile stays
> open.

http://marc.info/?l=bird-users&m=127505567110354&w=2

It would be useful if you could compile it and make a backtrace from the
core dump.