BIRD and "router ID" field

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Tue May 18 00:02:46 CEST 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 04:57:17PM +0200, Arnold Nipper wrote:
> > If it's impossible (or unwanted) to do it internally, we'll do it by
> > parsing some other BIRD outputs.
> >
> > But another BGP attrubutes (med, as_path, local pref, ...), which make
> > sense in BGP route selection process, already seen at "show protocols
> > all" output, so may be logically more correct to add "router ID".
> >

> Not really ... med, as_path, local pref, ... are BGP path attributes,
> router ID isn't.

Yes, that is the reason why router IDs are not shown here, as they are
really 'attributes' of BGP peer, not route attributes. There are other
BGP peer attributes that might take a part in best path selection
process (like some configuration options) and they are also not shown
here. So i would also suggest to use information from 'show protocols all'.