Feature-Request: Syslog-name of Bird6

Arnold Nipper arnold at nipper.de
Mon Mar 22 09:40:01 CET 2010

On 22.03.2010 08:41 Wolfgang Hennerbichler wrote

> would it be possible to let bird6 log with the bird6 prefix to syslog
> instead of bird? This would make debugging a little easier, as we run
> bird and bird6 on the same machine, and it's not too easy to
> determine which bird is logging what. I guess this would be trivial
> to accomplish without looking at the sources.

I do

 log "/var/log/bird/bird.log" all;

in bird.conf and

 log "/var/log/bird/bird6.log" all;

in bird6.conf. Thus I have everything in one file. Imho much neater than
using syslog. Of course ymmv

Arnold
--
Arnold Nipper / nIPper consulting, Sandhausen, Germany
email: arnold at nipper.de       phone: +49 6224 9259 299