How to decode values from log messages

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Wed Mar 10 11:35:45 CET 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 11:16:06AM +0100, Wolfgang Hennerbichler wrote:
> > I see
> >
> > Mar 10 11:01:40 rs5-l bird: Rxxxxx: Received: Maximum number of
> > prefixes reached: 00010100007530
> >
> > How to decode the value 00010100007530?

> Servus Arnold,
>
> I guess it's enough to look into the configured limit of Rxxxxx in bird.conf, the maximum number of prefixes has simply been reached for that peer.

No, the error message contained 'Received: ' therefore it is notification
message from the other side of BGP session - the other side reached the
maximum number of prefixes.

The value 00010100007530 is a hexadecimal dump of additional data sent
in notification message. Unfortunately, there is no standard (AFAIK)
specifying what should be sent in this case.