peering by link local address

Makoto emishilab at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 05:39:37 CET 2010

Hi.
I built bird with --enable-v6 on FreeBSD8.0, then tried to peer by
link local IPv6 address, but I couldn’t. I have 2 questions. Can
anyone help me?

1. lladdress specification
I can get output "fe80:[IfIndex]::[EUI64]" by show interface command
in birdc6. but I think correct lladress format is "fe80::[EUI64]".
what is happened ? can I change to lladdresses I want to use?

2.Syntax
I wonder how to specify lladdress peering configuration. I write as
followings, but it says "Syntax error". What do I do wrong?

  protocol bgp {
    local as [ASN];
    neighbor [lladdress]%[InterfaceName] as [ASN];
    import all;
    export all;
  }

Makoto.